Central Bank of Kansas City was chartered in August 1950 as a state banking corporation. The bank opened March 1951 on Truman Road in Northeast Kansas City. In 1975 the bank moved to a larger facility on Independence Avenue still serving Northeast Kansas City. Since that time the bank continues to expand with 7 locations across the Kansas City area.
Central Bank of Kansas City has been a family owned bank since the 1960's. The U.S. Treasury has recently designated the bank as a minority owned financial institution. The owners and officers have always been committed to serving the northeast part of Kansas City and are now beginning to extend their service area to include the majority of Kansas City.